Publish or Perish is a must for any researcher whose first language is not English. This course has been specifically designed with the objective of increasing the success rate of publishing academic papers, particularly in high ranking journals. It has a proven track record of excellence: 90% of papers from previous courses have been published in T1 journals and conference proceedings.
The course combines theoretical aspects of academic writing with practical exercises and feedback. Topics covered include:
- writing and communicating clearly
- identifying the gap
- highlighting your scientific contribution
- appropriate register and tone
- structuring your paper
- the sections of a paper and their function
- writing a dynamic and effective title
- writing an abstract
- writing a cover letter that makes a convincing case for publishing your paper
- responding appropriately (and diplomatically) to reviewer comments
The workshop component of the course is complimented by 1-1 sessions with the trainer, to edit your paper ready for publication.